EPAASM Branch Archive Collection Overview and Finding Guide – Parts I to IV
The Branch Archive Collection is divided into three sections:
PART I. 1931 to 2009- Branch Archive Collection at Thomas Jefferson University.
PART II. 2010 to Present- Current and Archived Branch Website.
PART III. 2010 to Present- Branch Archive Committee Electronic Storage Collection.
Also a Finding Guide for Special Collections is provided as PART IV.
BRANCH ARCHIVE COMMITTEE
James A. Poupard, Ph.D. firstname.lastname@example.org cell: 215 266 5191
Linda A, Miller, Ph.D. email@example.com cell: 215 272 6590
PART 1. EASTERN PA BRANCH ARCHIVE COLLECTION AT THOMAS JEFFERSON UNIVERSITY
University Archives & Special Collections
Room 401, Scott Memorial Library, 1020 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107-5587
Visit: Weekdays, by appointment
THE EASTERN PA BRANCH ARCHIVE COLLECTION
BRANCH ARCHIVES AT THOMAS JEFFERSON UNIVERSITY [TJU] ARCHIVES &
SPECIAL COLLECTIONS: 1931 to 2009
The Eastern PA Branch of the American Society for Microbiology originated in 1920. Records from 1920 to 1936 are very limited since material was lost while it was passed among various institutions. All material from 1931 to 2009 are on deposit and available at the Thomas Jefferson University Archives & Special Collections, Scott Memorial Library, in Philadelphia. A full description and index of this collection is presented below.
This collection is organized by year starting in 1931 and includes the following Branch documents:
1. Monthly meeting notices- 1936 to 2009
2. Executive committee meeting minutes- 1974-2009
3. Newsletters-1937 to 2008
4. By-law updates- 1936 to 2009
5. Symposia and workshops-1969 to 2009
6. Officers and committee members: 1920 to 2009
7. Select membership lists- 1920 to 1971
8. Financial reports- 1938 to 2009
9. Clinical Microbiology Section-1968-1973
10. Select letters- 1920 to 1999
11. Student chapter and Infections & Immunology Forums-1992-2009
12. Special meetings, meeting-series and special events – these are bolded in the listing
1978-Branch Past Presidents Night & related material- 27 Nov.
1987-500th Meeting Event 14 December.
1992-Smith Hall / Dr. Morton Event March 31.
1995-Stuart Mudd Lecture Series 1976 to 1995.
1998-600th Meeting Event September 14.
2006-Distinguished Branch Member Lectureship Series-1996 to 2006.
2009-Material relating to the 109th ASM Meeting in Philadelphia in May:
2009-Material relating to Milestones in Microbiology Laboratory of Hygiene Ceremony.
13. List of Branch Publications-1973 to 1994 Table A.
14. Select Member Biographies- 1977 to 2006 Table B.
15. Select Member Obituaries-1962 to 2009 Table C.
Note: For Post 2009 BRANCH ARCHIVE SOURCES, see PART II & III.